Sunday, May 14, 2006

San Gimignano


May 14
Today’s race was in a place called san Giminagno. it’s an important historical city here with a huge wall around it and like five or six big towers in the center. People used to build them to show that they were rich. The size and height would show the wealth. Today people still do the same thing with their trucks and houses!!! We started the race downtown in the narrow streets and then headed out to the countryside around Sienna here in the south of Tuscany. Robyn started up with me this week at the front of the group of over 1300 people.
Robyn went 125 km to finish her first long road race almost 30 miles longer than her half ironman that she did last year, and she did it faster too. I went 165km over almost the same course as her but we had to do an extra loop. It was pretty hard and the weather was hot. Both of us raced hard and finished and now were just hanging out in the hotel being sore and tired. Here are some pictures of where we raced today…

4 comments:

Lynne said...

hi guys,
dad and I finally made it home to the good old uSA and here we are in North Carolina. Today was Brian's grad and it was wonderful. i WAS GREAT TO see you guys in Roma and that whole trip was one I will never forget. write me and let me know who you are.
Love Mom

Proud Momma said...

Hey guys...sounds like you're stayin in shape as usual! Love you and miss you...
ps...it is beautiful there, remember how luck you are to be a part of that!

Lynne said...

It's been too long and I want to hear more of your adventures. Especially on that new computer!! Write more !!!M2

Mike Karyn & Nash said...

This picture took my breath away. It's amazing. Mike and I were just sitting here staring at it...I know, we're dorks.