Saturday, May 30, 2009

Go Team Floaties!!

My sister is doing her first ever race tomorrow...the San Diego Rock n Roll marathon. It's so crazy b/c I trained for this race for about 5 years in a row...got hurt every single time and never could run it. Now my sister, who has never been a runner up until recently, is doing it!! I am so thrilled for her love of running now! Karyn is doing the relay and is starting it off with 6.5 miles. So she has a big job to do to get her team in the lead! I know you can do it sis!! I just wanted to post a few tips and words of encouragement for you...
There will be thousands of people with you waiting to start. Feed off their energy. It's exciting. Just don't let the excitement make you start off too fast. Remember your pacing tomorrow. Remember what you told me earlier...about that run we did as little kids and you pushed yourself to stay with me and you finished even though you wanted to stop. Find me out there in the crowd tomorrow...I will be ahead of you but don't let me out of your sight. Stay with me the whole time!!! It will push your comfort zone but that's what racing is all about. Finding your limits...what you are capable of. Remember that it is just an hour or so of your life and that is nothing! You can run your butt off for an hour!!

Don't start out the run cold...meaning make sure you do a warm-up. Do a light jog when you get there and do a few sprints...like what you did on Thursday's workout. Do some high knees and just make sure your muscles are nice and warmed up. I know you are going to have a blast! The fans cheering you on will be so awesome. You will become addicted to racing after this! I am so proud of all your training and hard work. I wish more than anything I was with you tomorrow running with you and cheering you on the whole way. You are going to kick some butt out there and call me as soon as you can, ok?? I love ya and I am so excited for you!!! Team Floaties is going up against Sushi Lounge and they are going to rock them!!


3 comments:

Grandma Frisby said...

Nash and I are going to be there cheering you on, Karyn! What a thrill for all of us! You! In a marathon!!! Great advice from your sister. You will be "smokin" like she does when she runs!!! Team Floaties rocks!!!!

Mike Karyn & Nash said...

I LOVE YOU ROBYN!!! You have no idea how much this will help me.I can't even tell you how much I imagine that race years ago and seeing the determination in your face and all i wanted to do was stop but I kept up with you and finished. So that's what I will be doing tomorrow. Thank you so much for all your help the past 6weeks. OMG!! Can you believe I'm in a marathon??? WOW!!! I will call you ASAP and tell you I at least finished it!! HAHA!! Ok..going to bed cause I've got to be up so early.
You will be running with me tomorrow..no doubt.
xoxo
Karyn

Wishing for the West Coast said...

OK, that totally brought tears to my eyes - what a great sister you are!