Thursday, May 24, 2007

You're looking for who??

SO yesterday I was nursing Melia looking out the window at two cop cars driving up and down our street like 3 or 4 times. I was thinking they are obviously looking for somebody b/c they were going very slowly. So then Dan comes home after a bike ride. He had driven up in his truck to the top of the hill to ride from there. So I notice one of the cops pulls into our driveway. I am thinking he is just turning around. Nope. He asks Dan to come over to his window. Let me backtrack a bit...it was raining when Dan left and he noticed two little girls running home. So he pulls up to them and asked them if they wanted to jump in the back and he could drive them up the street. They immediately yell NO! So back to the cop...he tells Dan he was reported by two girls...a strange man asking them to get into his truck! Apparently there is a guy in a truck trying to get girls in his truck at the school up the road. Anyway...I thought it was hilarious...poor Dan is all in his spandex walking over to the cop not knowing what was going on! They had been driving up and down our street looking for the truck with the bike in the back! Anyway..thought I would share that with ya!

5 comments:

Grandma Frisby said...

. . . and the "rest of the story"
or are you visitng Dan in the Hawaiian jail hut???? Oh gosh . . . those girls were well trained, eh!

saltysista said...

Well I don't think the cop thought anything of it when he saw Dan and that he lived here so he just took his name and DOB and went on his way. I think they were looking for the guys who really were after kids.

Holland said...

Bula Vinaka! Dan you should really stop trying to be a good Samaritan, you know good guys finish last.

Mike Karyn & Nash said...

Mike and I laughed at this story then felt bad for you. You're so sweet

The RC Miller Clan said...

Dan Dan the pedophile man! ha ha ha

I am proud of those girls for being so assertive though even though in this case they didn't need to be. hee hee