Sunday, March 25, 2007

Sunday Bread in my basket

Melia didn't want to wear a hat and when Daddy propped her up on the chair and tried to take a picture of her she wasn't too impressed, but look at her ear hat and tell me it wasnt worth it? Melia wanted to come to church so Mommy dressed her in this new spring fashion, its a lavender onesy with a ruffle butt. Melia, so hot right now... Melia
Dan decided that around 5:00pm he would try his luck at baking. He made some 3 grain whole wheat bread. Here he is pounding the dough, and with no previous experience with bread he didnt think he could get it to turn out.
After an hour of rising and 45 minutes of baking, the finished product smelled very delish, but as I write this we are waiting for it to cool down so we can enjoy some awesome toast with honey smothered all over it...mmmmm
Melia saw the bread and was taken aback... wHOA!! WHAT IS THAT SMELL?

7 comments:

Jeni said...

I read it all in high voice... that bread looks so good. We should have a cok off, you and Brian. NOT Newby - Brian, he is the bread maker... but it looks as though there may be compitition!! Is this Melias first church trip? So cute! I hope she was good and not too many people wanted to hold her and touch her!!

Mike Karyn & Nash said...

Nice job on the bread Dan. I'm impressed. So how did it turn out?
Melia looks so sweet. Her face is filling out a lot more. Give her kisses from all of us.

saltysista said...

Jeni,
I was baking not cooking. But I would have a cookoff with the newbs if I was ever formally challenged.

Proud Momma said...

I love how you guys always put a little story to your pictures! She is so adorable

Heather said...

Impressive with the bread making, that is tricky to get it right, I hope it was yummy! Your baby is totally adorable, she is so sweet. I'm glad you are doing well. Oh ya, this is your cousin Heather, Dan

Lynne said...

I can really tell that her face is filling out too. Those are darling pictures, and a pretty good looking loaf of bread! Good Job!

The RC Miller Clan said...

wow dan I am so impressed! My bread used to be the best in Alberta and now I swear its the worst in Australia!!! Yuck!